ATF Redefines All Private Sales & Who Has To Have A FFL

Of course there is. Hence why @PappyM3 brought up their "mission statement". No one is saying a business shouldn't exist to earn profits. What we are saying is it is hypocritical to pretend your a 2A absolutist when you won't sell lawful/legal items to someone just because of where they live.

A) Your on a New England based gun forum. Talk about a foolish take.
B) People in blue states should just roll over and accept it?
It's not because of where they live, it's a business decision to not have to contend with unnecessary expenses for a slim to none return.
Massachusetts is a drop in the bucket of firearms and other sales compared to their nationwide, unencumbered sales audience. They easily put more guns into the hands of more people in 1/2 of most states than they would in the entire gun owning public of Massachusetts. AGAIN...........THE JUICE IS NOT WORTH THE SQUEEZE!!!! What part of that do you not understand?

As for being on a New England based forum? I was a paid member here, and living in MA 10 years before you ever arrived. You are the newbie and still have a lot to learn in a lot of different areas.

Exactly. One last time (I promise): It's not the business decision. It's the dishonest, hypocritical mission statement that offends. :mad:
Go cry in the corner. PSA is arming up the American public while you are weeping about their so called "dishonesty" Get a fvcking life!!

Last edited:
It's not because of where they live, it's a business decision to not have to contend with unnecessary expenses for a slim to none return.
Massachusetts is a drop in the bucket of firearms and other sales compared to their nationwide, unencumbered sales audience. They easily put more guns into the hands of more people in 1/2 of most states than they would in the entire gun owning public of Massachusetts. AGAIN...........THE JUICE IS NOT WORTH THE SQUEEZE!!!! What part of that do you not understand?

As for being on a New England based forum? I was a paid member here, and living in MA 10 years before you ever arrived. You are the newbie and still have a lot to learn in a lot of different areas.
I understand all of that just fine. They just simply should not pretend like they are some sort of absolutists when they are not. You don't get to claim one thing, do the opposite and then pretend like its not the case. Their mission statement directly contradicts your part in bold. Their words not mine.

OUR MISSION IS TO MAXIMIZE FREEDOM, NOT OUR PROFITS. WE WANT TO SELL AS MANY AR-15 AND AK-47 RIFLES AS WE CAN AND PUT THEM INTO COMMON USE IN AMERICA TODAY. OUR FOCUS ISN'T TO MAKE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY BUT TO SPREAD FREEDOM AS FAR AND WIDE AS POSSIBLE. OUR LEGACY WILL NOT BE ABOUT MONEY; WE WANT OUR LEGACY TO BE ABOUT MAXIMIZING AMERICAN FREEDOM. AND WE WORK EVERY DAY TO DO JUST THAT. WE MAKE HIGH-QUALITY FIREARMS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES FOR EVERYONE! THEN WE BACK THEM WITH A FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY.​

As for the second part... I typically don't care about these types of things but since you brought it up...

1714925710905.png 1714925744812.png

Regardless it seems foolish to tell people in liberal states to stop bellyaching when the majority of members on the forum your posting that foolishness live in liberal states.

As for the second part... I typically don't care about these types of things but since you brought it up...

View attachment 878565View attachment 878566

Regardless it seems foolish to tell people in liberal states to stop bellyaching when the majority of members on the forum your posting that foolishness live in liberal states.

😆 Using time on a forum as any sort of indication of expertise is so ridiculous. Even more ridiculous when he hasn’t even been here longer than you.

@Uzi2 , so what was your previous username? Why the switch?

How about they just don't need or want your business.....of any kind? Dude, you need to come back to reality!

A friend of mine works at Palmetto State Armory, I saw him yesterday at a two-gun match. Had a brief conversation with him about this very topic. He said it's a corporate decision, as far as he can tell, it's just not worth the headache. He's expressing his own opinion, not speaking for the company.

I just took a quick look at PSA's web page, (need a break from gardening), and there's a page on shipping restrictions.

There's a slew of things they won't ship to various states/locales, but Mass stands with a very small crowd:

No sales of ANY merchandise to:
  1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico

😆 Using time on a forum as any sort of indication of expertise is so ridiculous. Even more ridiculous when he hasn’t even been here longer than you.

@Uzi2 , so what was your previous username? Why the switch?

Don't worry about it, its ADMIN approved.

A friend of mine works at Palmetto State Armory, I saw him yesterday at a two-gun match. Had a brief conversation with him about this very topic. He said it's a corporate decision, as far as he can tell, it's just not worth the headache. He's expressing his own opinion, not speaking for the company.

I just took a quick look at PSA's web page, (need a break from gardening), and there's a page on shipping restrictions.

There's a slew of things they won't ship to various states/locales, but Mass stands with a very small crowd:

1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico

You should have asked him why most of his larger and smaller contemporaries and competitors ship unregulated things here all the time with no problems. 🤣

1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico
Their sales are literally in the millions upon millions of dollars. It's not just PSA, it's everything under the JJE Capital umbrella, which is a big-ass umbrella: Portfolio Companies - JJE Capital Holdings
We're talking PSA, DPMS, AAC, Lead Star, H&R and more.
In the risk/reward equation, cutting MA out of the loop is a no-brainer, especially given MA's track record of ignoring settled law and doing their own thing anyway.

Their sales are literally in the millions upon millions of dollars. It's not just PSA, it's everything under the JJE Capital umbrella, which is a big-ass umbrella: Portfolio Companies - JJE Capital Holdings
In the risk/reward equation, cutting MA out of the loop is a no-brainer, especially given MA's track record of ignoring settled law and doing their own thing anyway.
Add to this that JJE is publicly traded and they are legally bound to act in the best financial interest of the stockholders, regardless of any mission statement. So if the number don't work they aren't going to do it.

Add to this that JJE is publicly traded and they are legally bound to act in the best financial interest of the stockholders, regardless of any mission statement. So if the number don't work they aren't going to do it.
So IOW the Palmetto thing is just BS peddling for the plebes

1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico
A LOT of PSA product makes its way into MA via my FFL in NH. Its almost as if I set it up for this very reason...

I am the largest Aero Precision dealer in NH and I have never sold a thing in NH. Aero is what I buy the most of followed by PSA and Staccato. Lots of smaller places after that. Actually number 2 is one of my distributors that only ships to MA what they consider MA compliant so that is not a single brand.

MA sucks. There is no way around that fact. No sane business wants to risk doing business with MA since they will go after you in MA court and either you spend the money to come to MA and defends against a judge at least as biased as Aunt Bev, or you let a default judgement stand against you. Look at the years and years of no ammo sales?

Aero
Stag
Ballistic Advantage
BCM
Les Baer
CMMG
Staccato
Bud's Guns (unless they think its MA compliant)
Bass Pro/Cabellas

the list goes on

Please put that on paper,^^^^^^^^^ then roll it up tight and stick in PappyM3's eye. ;)

I saw an ad here, in the member's section, from a subscribed dealer with solid feedback. This is a Massachusetts based FFL, who's a supporting member of this forum. The ad was for an AR-15 buttstock. Good pictures, clear description of product, reasonable price, all terms clearly spelled out. Quite seriously - a professional piece of work.

But - and there's always a 'but' when that's the lead-in - in this ad there's the statement "LTC required".

To buy a buttstock.

When a reputable Mass-based FFL feels it necessary to include that verbiage - who can blame PSA or other out of state dealers who don't want to deal with the aggravation?

1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico
Math is a thing in business lol.

How many non fudds live in ma?

Ma is also higher income which those folks tend not to buy lower end products.

So you have a place that makes it a pain in the d!ck to sell guns to... with a small and dwindling number of shooters...mass has had a red migration for 10 years...

And the ones who remain either aren't into aks/ and ars really or they would buy higher end manufacturers because they can afford it.

I live in a free state lol...my cheapest ar is a pof that i grabbed in trade to get accessories off of.

I run ddefense and pws normally.

PSA is a good cheap brand but the math to be in mass isnt there with high income folks.

Math is a thing in business lol.

How many non fudds live in ma?

Ma is also higher income which those folks tend not to buy lower end products.

So you have a place that makes it a pain in the d!ck to sell guns to... with a small and dwindling number of shooters...mass has had a red migration for 10 years...

And the ones who remain either aren't into aks/ and ars really or they would buy higher end manufacturers because they can afford it.

I live in a free state lol...my cheapest ar is a pof that i grabbed in trade to get accessories off of.

PSA is a good cheap brand but the math to be in mass isnt there with high income folks.
Flexing on the poors

Please put that on paper,^^^^^^^^^ then roll it up tight and stick in PappyM3's eye. ;)

Aaah, so a faceless private equity company is making the anti-2A decisions for PSA. That doesn’t make it better for PSA’s hypocrisy.

1. Chicago
  2. Massachusetts
  3. Washington D.C
  4. Puerto Rico
Funny, I bought an NFA machine gun (From a Maine Class 3) with a Massachusetts address printed on a Maine license when I was 21. How times have changed..... HOWEVER, the Walmart in Rockland, ME would *NOT* sell me ammo because I did not have an FID (even though I was a Maine resident). Talk about LLOL....

Who reads “mission statements?”

I’m more irritated that they have one.

Whether formal or informal, they’re a common thing in the gun market. How many people would buy guns from a company that didn’t support the 2A?

It’s usually marketing and virtue signaling. But if a company does come out with one, they should probably adhere to it.

Back
Top Bottom